#7 London Elections- May 2016

Hi there :) How are you doing?  Here in the UK,  2 days ago, it was  election day. London voted for w...


Hi there :)

How are you doing? 














Here in the UK,  2 days ago, it was  election day. London voted for who they thought should be their new Mayor and Assembly Members.

I am not really that into politics but I do like to know what is  going on in my country and also that I can have a say in who runs it.
So I thought this would be a great opportunity to talk about my opinion on voting and elections. I feel like voting is being able to have your individual say amongst the millions of others that make up your country.


I know many of you may be thinking that it wouldn't make a difference if it is only you who doesn't vote, but the truth is that there will be many others who think the same, in which case it will make a huge difference.


I've also noticed that so much of the younger generation (18- 24 year olds) do not vote either because they are not that interested in politics or because they do not see that it could make a big difference.
However, I do feel as though it will show the government what the young people of their country want from them.
I as a 19 year old am happy that I have already had the chance to vote in the elections twice because I feel as a part of my country and I know that I had played my part in deciding who will lead the country or my city and how it will be run.


So even if you don't feel that you want to be that involved in politics you could just briefly look up each of the parties and see which mostly meets what you want from your country or interests you the most. This will also help you be informed and up to date with what is going on. This is your country so you need to make sure you are heard.

Especially if you are a woman, people have died in the past, hoping that we may get the right to vote. So the least we can do is respect them by voting for who we think our country needs.
You never know, if most of the people who are not voting now vote it may have a massive impact in how the country is run.

I would just like to add that all of this applies to whatever country you live in, not just the UK (, although I do not know exactly how governments and elections work in other countries).

I am not writing this to urge anyone to vote, I am just saying what my opinion is about this topic in general because the elections happened here in the UK a few days ago.


Whether or not the government or politicians actually act that much on our needs, it does not need to matter that much if we know that we have done what we could to have our say in what happens in the country.



So if any of you do agree with me, we can together make sure that our generation's voices are heard on our countries.

Today's Quote: "Be passionate about everyone and everything that enters your life" - Dr Wayne Dyer


Thanks so much for reading !

Saranka xx


























































You Might Also Like

0 comments